Sunflowers, Bees & Brunch JUNE/JULY ONLY
Sunflowers Beekeeping Honey Wine Brunch - COMING in JUNE/JULY
- Adult Ages 13+ • No Alcohol Included
- Adult - Alcohol Included Ages 21+ • Includes drink pairing
- Child Ages 12 and Under
Experience the California Sunflower Bloom
WE WILL ANNOUNCE DATES FOR THIS TOUR SOON ! This tour is dependent on the flower blooms and farmers, but we expect the dates to be in July 2023.
Experience the California sunflower bloom up close and enjoy an afternoon learning about sunflowers, pollination, beekeeping and agriculture. All while enjoying a honey tasting, wine and cheese, and a sit down brunch with your choice of mimosas, wine, beer or a Bloody Mary. Each guest receives a special sunflower gift.
This Tour Includes
- Visit a private sunflower farm with amazing photo opportunities
- Honey tasting, meeting a beekeeper with an exhibition hive
- Wine and cheese and museum exhibit, with hands on activity for children
- Full sit down brunch with drink pairings
- Each adult guest receives a special gift
Your group will start the day meeting at an actual sunflower farm where photo ops will be enviable. Your guide will share with you all about sunflowers, and why they are such an important crop in the area. You will have plenty of time to take photos of the fields and with the flowers.
Next we head on over to the California Agricultural Museum to enjoy a honey tasting, meet a beekeeper, and enjoy local wine and cheese. There will be lemonade and treats for the kids, and kids at heart. While at the museum you will get a guided tour through the museum by a docent, as well as their educational sunflower exhibit, and the kids can do a hands-on activity planting a sunflower themselves. The museum is a tribute to farming history and has many photo opportunities inside and out, and is fun for all ages.
The day commences on the outdoor shaded ‘greenhouse’ patio of the Savory Cafe, where chef owner Juan Barajas is known affectionately as the ‘food whisperer’. His menu embodies farm to table seasonal cuisine at its best. Brunch will include a fresh salad, avocado toast, eggs Benedict and deep fried cheesecake. Children under 12 will enjoy salad, panini, fruit and deep fried cheesecake. For adults who purchased the ticket that includes alcohol you get to choose from a mimosa, wine, beer or a Bloody Mary.
Should you still want to tour the area and see more flowers, or visit a winery, we will have suggestions for you. The Woodland area is part of the Farm to Fork Capital of the nation and has an abundance of agriculture, wineries, breweries, coffee shops and boutique shopping.
What to Expect
- This tour is suitable for all ages, with minimal walking.
- We suggest wearing appropriate shoes for walking on a farm (closed toed and you can always change after the farm visit).
- We highly recommend hats and sunblock and a personal water bottle, it can get hot out there.
- This tour will last about 3.5 – 4 hours and includes a honey tasting, wine and cheese or lemonade and cookies, full brunch and a special gift.
- The maximum number of people on this tour is 15 people. Contact us if you have a larger group to inquire about a private tour.
- The tour will not run with fewer than 6 people. In the event the tour does not get booked for 6 people we will contact you the day before your tour date to reschedule or to provide a refund.*
- While we are invited on the sunflower farm to take photos, at no point can guests interfere with the flowers, damage or cut them. This is an agricultural crop that is vital to the farmers livelihood.
- Every guest must sign a waiver before experiencing the tour. We will email you a link for the waiver.
- Guests will travel in their own vehicles. Maps and directions will be provided. A link to the meeting location will be emailed to you after you purchase tickets.
- This tour takes place mostly outdoors and we will follow guidelines for safety provided by the state and county health department. Bring a mask just in case.
- Contact us with any questions or inquiries.