- Adult Ages 13+ • No Alcohol Included
- Adult - Alcohol Included Ages 21+ • Includes drink pairing
- Child Ages 12 and Under
Experience the California Sunflower Bloom
Experience the California sunflower bloom up close and enjoy an afternoon learning about sunflowers, pollination, beekeeping and agriculture. All while enjoying a honey tasting, wine and cheese, and a sit down brunch with your choice of mimosas, wine, beer or a Bloody Mary. Each guest receives a gift bag that includes locally grown and made sunflower items.
This Tour Includes
- Visit a private sunflower farm with amazing photo opportunities
- Honey tasting, meeting a beekeeper with her exhibition hive
- Wine and cheese and museum exhibit, with hands on activity for children
- Full sit down brunch with drink pairings
- Gift bags for each adult guest, including a jar of your choice of honey varietal. Small gift bags for children without honey.
Your group will start the day meeting at an actual sunflower farm where photo ops will be enviable. There you will meet with Sola Bee Farm apiaries head beekeeper, Claire Tauzer where she will share with you why the sunflowers and the bees are so important. With her exhibition hive you will get to see a bee colony up close and see the queen lay her eggs. Sola Bees will also provide a honey tasting of their many variety honeys. Each guest gets to pick their favorite variety to take home. We allow plenty of time to take photos of the fields and with the flowers.
Next we head on over to the California Agricultural Museum to enjoy wine and cheese, and lemonade and treats for the kids, and kids at heart. There you will get a guided tour through the museum’s sunflower exhibit, and the kids can do a hands-on activity planting a sunflower themselves. The museum is a tribute to farming history and has many photo opportunities inside and out, and is fun for all ages.
The day commences on the outdoor shaded ‘greenhouse’ patio of the Savory Cafe, where chef owner Juan Barajas is known affectionately as the ‘food whisperer’. His menu embodies farm to table seasonal cuisine at its best. Brunch will include a fresh salad, avocado toast, eggs Benedict and deep fried cheesecake. Children under 12 will enjoy salad, panini, fruit and deep fried cheesecake. For adults who purchased the drink upgrade you will choose from a mimosa, wine, beer or a Bloody Mary.
Should you still want to tour the area and see more flowers, or visit a winery, we will have suggestions for you. The Woodland area is part of the Farm to Fork Capital of the nation and has an abundance of agriculture, wineries, breweries, coffee shops and boutique shopping.
What to Expect
- This tour is suitable for all ages, with minimal walking involved.
- We suggest wearing proper shoes for walking on a farm.
- We highly recommend hats and sunblock and a personal water bottle, it can get hot out there.
- This tour will last about 3.5 – 4 hours and includes a honey tasting, wine and cheese or lemonade and cookies, full brunch and gift bag with sunflower items.
- The maximum number of people on this tour is 10 people. Contact us if you have a larger group to inquire about a private tour.
- The tour will not run with fewer than 6 people. In the event the tour does not get booked for 6 people we will contact you the day before your tour date to reschedule or to provide a refund.*
- While we are invited on the sunflower farm to take photos, at no point can guests interfere with the flowers, damage or cut them. This is an agricultural crop that is vital to the farmers livelihood.
- Every guest must sign a waiver before experiencing the tour.
- Guests will travel in their own vehicles. Maps and directions will be provided.
- This tour takes place mostly outdoors and we will follow guidelines for safety provided by the state and county health department. Bring a mask, although it may not be required.
- Contact us with any questions or inquiries.