Historic Old Sacramento Walking Food Tour
Family friendly walking food and history tour
- Adult Ages 13+ • No alcohol included
- Child Ages 6 - 12
- Free Child Ages 5 and under are Free
Learn about the exciting beginnings of this historic district on this walking food tour
Stroll along the very cobble stoned streets of historic figures such as General Sherman, Ulysses S. Grant and John Sutter while hearing about the harrowing history of the state Capital. From fires to floods, you’ll learn about the challenging beginnings of this historic district. And the best part is, you get to eat all along the way. We take you to some of the best spots to tantalize your taste buds.
This tour takes place in the Old Sacramento Waterfront district, right on the Sacramento River, featuring Gold Rush-era buildings, cobble stone streets and horse drawn carriages. The state Railroad Museum and the Sacramento History Museum are located in this area, as well as numerous shops including souvenir shops, antique stores, boutiques and old time candy shops. There are also numerous eateries and bars. There is ample parking in nearby parking garages.
The Tour includes:
★ Food tastings at 5 – 6 stops
★ Guided experience with knowledgeable guide
★ Learn about the Gold Rush and Sacramento’s history of fire and flood
★ A fun couple of hours to discover Old Sacramento and great photo opportunities
What to Expect:
● This is a walking tour. Each guest will walk approximately 1.1 miles, with periods of standing. We recommend wearing comfortable shoes.
● Old Sacramento has cobblestone streets, wooden sidewalks and uneven surfaces. This tour is not recommend for people with walkers or have difficulty with balance or walking.
● 5 – 6 tastings, you will have had the equivalent of a full meal by the end.
● Vegetarians, vegans, gluten-free and allergies can be accommodated. Please contact us BEFORE your tour.
● The maximum number of people on this tour is 15 people. Contact us if you
have a larger group to inquire about a private tour.
● The tour will not operate with fewer than 4 people. In the event the tour does not get booked for 4 people we will contact you the day before your tour date to reschedule or to provide a refund.
● Ample parking in nearby parking garages.
● Every guest must sign a waiver before experiencing the tour. This will be
emailed to you in advance. If you are booking for a group, please forward the
waiver on to others in your group.
● Contact us with any questions or inquiries at 916-905-0031.