We are hiring enthusiastic food lovers to add to our team. If you are interested in being a Tour Guide please read the job description below. To apply please shoot us an email to [email protected] with your resume and a cover letter.
SacTown Bites – Food Tour Adventures is a young, but mighty food tour company. We offer 5-star experiences to locals and visitors, as well as larger private groups. Our walking tours consist of guiding guests around Sacramento on an adventure that includes stopping in pre-established partner restaurants. Each stop includes a dish and drink pairing. The tours also include many stops at public art sites, such as street murals and art boxes. Our tours are food and drink centric, with a little art and history thrown in. Each tour lasts about 3 hours.
As a tour leader and guide for SacTown Bites, you are the face of the brand, delivering 5-star experiences to our guests. You exude confidence and calmness, as well as openness and inclusivity. You are the expert in our subject matter and are able to deliver it in an engaging and fun way. Your eagerness to make sure each guest is having a VIP and memorable experience is your jam. Above all you are authentic.
- Lead small groups of up to 12 people on fun and informative 2-3-hour tours in the Sacramento area
- Present our content in an engaging and authentic manner, demonstrating both expertise and a personal connection to the subject matter
- Have a knowledge base of our brand and the ability to share that knowledge with guests
- Ensure each guest’s needs are met and create a welcoming and safe space for all.
- Create meaningful connections on our tours, going above and beyond to encourage interaction both with and among the quests
- Follow up with guests on any questions that come up during the tour
- A love and deep knowledge of Sacramento and the surrounding area
- A charismatic, storytelling manner and the ability to engage and build connections with a wide range of people
- Strong communication, hospitality, customer service, acting or improv skills
- Ability to problem solve, multi-task and improvise on the fly, without sacrificing guest experience
- Ability to check in guests on various apps and remember guest’s names
- Take great pictures throughout the tour and on every tour
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Commitment to schedule once assigned a tour and punctuality are a must
- Ability to work weekends
Nice To Haves
- Knowledge and love for all things food and drinks, including curiosity about ingredients, the farms the ingredients came from, familiarity with local establishments (such as, knowing where to get the best ramen, or vegan soul food…) and cooking techniques.
- Netflix ‘Street Food’ binge watcher
- Love and knowledge about Sacramento history and street art or willingness to learn
- Social media savvy and capable (i.e. Instagram stories)
- General office skills such as Google Sheets, Google Pages, etc.
Hours and scheduling: Part-time. Between 3 – 9 hours per week during the slow season. Potential for more. Current tours operate Tuesday through Saturday. Tour times range from 1pm – 4:30pm to 5pm – 7pm.
Compensation: Competitive, hourly plus tips and incentives
Benefits: This position is not eligible for benefits
We are looking to create long-term relationships with our guides and provide them with room to grow as we grow. In addition to the above, we want to work with people who truly believe in our brand and mission. We value diversity! We do not discriminate based race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.