Enjoy a half day exploring the scenic California Delta on this guided experience that includes a behind the scenes tour of a pear cidery, a custom tasting and snack, lunch at an historic taphouse and custom guided wine tasting with cheese jams and chocolate pairings. Vegan and non-alcoholic options available.
Capay Valley Farm Tour
- Adults 13+
- Children 12 and Under
Capay Valley Farm Tour
Enjoy an afternoon discovering and tasting the beautiful Capay Valley, in Northern California.
On this tour you will explore this scenic valley and visit three farms that produce wine, olive oil and lavender. Your day will include wine tasting and wood-fired pizza, a lavender farm tour and lavender infused treats, olive oil, vinegar and honey tasting, and a glass of wine and charcuterie.
- We begin at Capay Valley Lavender, a stunning farm nestled in the rolling Capay hills. After a tour of the farm from farmHER Sherri, we learn about how essential oil is distilled, and enjoy lavender infused snacks and beverages.
- Next we head down the road a bit to the gorgeous Taber Ranch Vineyards and Event Center. Here we indulge in delicious seasonal wood-fired pizza and wine tasting.
- We end the day at beautiful Séka Hills Olive Mill and Tasting Room where we learn about the Yocha Dehe Wintun Nation People and how they are managing the land that their ancestors inhabited centuries ago. There we enjoy olive oil tasting accompanied by a glass of wine and charcuterie while sitting among the olive groves with a view of the blue ridge mountains.
The Capay Valley is an undiscovered gem right in Sacramento’s back yard, in Yolo County. It is the home of the Yocha Dehe Wintun Nation, and some of the richest soil in the world. Yolo County is just an hour west of Sacramento and within a two hour drive of San Francisco. On the same latitude as Calistoga and just over the hill from Lake Berryessa, Capay Valley is home to some of the richest soil on the planet and world class farms that produce everything from fruit and nuts to award winning olive oil and wine.
Spend an afternoon with friends exploring your backyard and enjoy a day in this beautiful place meeting the people that grow much of the food you eat. If you get a CSA box, the produce very likely came from Yolo County. We are super excited to showcase this area to locals and visitors alike. Be sure to join our email list to receive updates and follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
- This tour has a minimum of 6 people in order to operate. If there are fewer than 6 bookings the tour will be canceled. We will contact you 24 hours in advance and provide a refund should this occur.
- The tour runs for about three to three and a half hours.
- Guests are required to travel in their personal vehicles. Total driving distance from the beginning of the tour to the end is about 5 miles.
- This tour includes walking inside and outside short distances. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Capay Valley during the Summer and Fall can be several degrees hotter than Sacramento, please dress appropriately so you are comfortable.
- Masks are not required at this time, however, please bring one just in case.
- All stops have restrooms.
- Water will be provided at every stop.
- This tour can be enjoyed by non-drinkers and children, as well as people who enjoy wine. You must be 21 to consume wine.