Explore gorgeous Midtown while sampling bites and hearing about the chefs, the ingredients, and the farms that grew them.
- Group of 6
- Group of 8
- Group of 10
Capay Valley Farm Tour
Enjoy an afternoon discovering and tasting the beautiful Capay Valley, in Northern California.
On this private tour you will explore this scenic valley and visit three farms that produce wine, olive oil and lavender. Your day will include wine tasting and small bites, olive oil and vinegar tasting, a hands on lavender activity, an olive mill tour, a farm to fork lunch, and more wine tasting!
- We start at the gorgeous Taber Ranch Vineyards and Event Center and tour the gardens. Followed by a private wine, olive oil and vinegar tasting in the private shaded outdoor Begonia Room. Enjoy small bites while you learn about the history of family owned Taber Ranch, a California ranch dating back over 100 years.
- From there we head up the road to Capay Valley Lavender, a stunning farm nestled in the rolling Capay hills. After a tour of this fragrant, certified organic farm you will create your very own lavender product all while enjoying some lavender lemonade and Lavender Spiced Almonds, or a glass of bubbly. In the end you will have a sample of your creation made with organic lavender essential oil to take home with you
- Next we head a little further up the road to Seka Hills Olive Mill and Tasting Room. There you will learn about the Yocha Dehe tribe and how they are managing the land that their ancestors inhabited centuries ago. After a tour of their state of the art olive mill, you will get to taste a variety of their award winning olive oils, vinegars, and wines, of course. Then you will relax on their beautiful outdoor patio, with views of the hills and olive groves and enjoy lunch.
The Capay Valley is an undiscovered gem right in Sacramento’s back yard, in Yolo County. It is the home of the Yocha Dehe Wintun Nation, and some of the richest soil in the world. Yolo County is just an hour west of Sacramento and within a two hour drive of San Francisco. On the same latitude as Calistoga and just over the hill from Lake Berryessa, Capay Valley is home to some of the richest soil on the planet and world class farms that produce everything from fruit and nuts to award winning olive oil and wine.
Spend an afternoon with friends exploring your backyard and enjoy a day in this beautiful place meeting the people that grow much of the food you eat. If you get a CSA box, the produce very likely came from Yolo County. We are super excited to showcase this area to locals and visitors alike. Be sure to join our email list to receive updates and follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
- This tour is a private, exclusive tour designed for small groups. Tickets are sold for groups of 6, 8 or 10 people. You are not required to have that number of people, but refunds will not be provided for groups without the full number of people.
- The tour runs for about three to three and a half hours.
- Guests are required to travel in their personal vehicles. Total driving distance from the beginning of the tour to the end is about 5 miles.
- This tour includes walking inside and outside short distances. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Capay Valley during the Summer and Fall can be several degrees hotter than Sacramento, please dress appropriately so you are comfortable. Guests are required to wear masks at all times, except when seated and eating and drinking. All stops have restrooms.
- Water will be provided at every stop.
- Prior to the tour you will be given an opportunity to make your lunch selection, that includes vegetarian options.
- This tour can be enjoyed by non-drinkers and children, as well as people who enjoy wine. You must be 21 to sample wine.